During the month of October, students may earn 5 points of extra credit by saying something nice about a classmate in the comments to this post.
To get the extra credit please complete the following steps:
- Fill in the comment form that appears after clicking on “comments” below and say something nice about another student in class.
- After you make an initial compliment, nicely respond to someone else’s compliment.
- You must make two comments to earn the five points, one original compliment and a NICE response to someone’s compliment.
- Please “sign” your comments with your first name and class period.
- You do not need to print anything out. Mr. Williams will track the comments and put in your extra credit automatically.
The purpose of this exercise is for students to learn how to add comments in a discussion thread. I wonder if we’ll have online discussions in the future?
Feel free to post an interesting question for an online discussion.
This extra credit is only good from 10/1/09 to 10/31/09
Reminder about extra credit: Mr. Williams records all of your extra credit, but none of it becomes part of your grade until the last day of the quarter. For your extra credit to improve your grade, you must first have a passing grade (60%) on the regular work. (Honors students must have at least 70%.)